Which Kind of Nurse Makes The Most Money?
A good salary is not everything, but it sure factors in significantly when seeking to pursue a nursing career. If you are a nurse, or on your way to becoming one, you must have wondered at one point; which kind of nurse makes the most money? As a registered nurse, you will have many options to choose from for your advanced practice education.
As an advanced care nurse, expect a bump both in rewards and demands of your profession. Clinical nurse specialists, certified registered nurse anaesthetics and nurse midwives are all possible career choices open to you with advanced practice education. However, the true “MVPs,” that earn the most money are Certified Registered Nurse Anaesthetics (CRNA).
The Job Description
A CRNA should expect to make an annual salary ranging between $105,000 and $130,000 working in both outpatient, inpatient and emergency facilities.
Such a nurse will work alongside anesthesiologists, surgeons and dentists and it will be the responsibility of such a nurse to prepare the patient for surgery and administer the anesthesia.
The Qualifications Needed
To qualify for enrollment into a CRNA program, these are the qualifications you need to attain:
• Have a bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• To have experience in critical care, working as a registered nurse. (The duration of this experience varies with CRNA programs of different schools.)
• Have completed a masters in nurse anesthesia.
• To be certified by the relevant bodies with the mandate to certify and re-certify nurse anesthetics in your jurisdiction.
Fun fact: The demand for CRNA nurses is projected to grow 22% over 2018. Accordingly, you cannot go wrong with the profession.
(1) – https://nurseslabs.com/13-surgery-perioperative-client-nursing-care-plans/
(2) – https://nurseslabs.com/acute-pain/